Word Bank

  • lithographer- noun

Monday, December 5, 2011

Reflection On Work Experience



The best job that I ever had so far was working with DD kids (developmentally disabled) kids through FSSBA (family support services of the bay area). My primary responsibility was to take care of/engage in activity and homework with kids who were challenged, while their parents were either at work or at home. What made the job enjoyable for me was the opportunity that I gave to these kids to have a good time, and to see the smiles on their face while they were enjoying themselves. Another enjoyable part of this job was seeing the parents appear to be relaxed/at ease when I walked in the door to take care of their kid(s). A skill that I developed in doing this job that will serve me well moving forward into the internship is how I have the ability to work with a group of people no matter the age limit. Another skill that will help is the ability to communicate, this job made me become very responsible and forced me to communicate because parents always wanted to know how their kids were doing and what activities did I bring to the respite. A lot of the kids I worked with did a lot of MEWLING, so as a respite provider I had to be open and willing to express/show a caring and understanding side of me. A lesson that I learned in doing this job was how to have patience, be persistent, communicate, lesson planning, and time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment